Monday, April 7, 2008

This Counts as Cross-training, Right?

I'm moving. Again. My fiance and I just closed on our first house, so I'm in a kind of limbo. I'm not moving in to the house until after the wedding in June, but I've started to move stuff over, paint rooms, clean, etc. etc. Where on earth is the time to run? And it's a bummer, really. The weather has been so beautiful that all I want to do is be outside and run. Instead, I've cross-trained in the following ways:
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: Clean, clean, clean. Scrub floors, clean bathrooms, vacuum, wipe out cabinets, scour countertops, clean out oven... the list goes on and on.
Thursday: Break
Friday: Move lots of heavy boxes. Choose paint colors. Move paint cans.
Saturday: Dance my butt off at a friend's wedding.
Sunday: Paint. Rake. Paint again.

I'm spent. There just aren't enough hours in the day. However, the sun's shining again today, and I'm not going over to the house. Hopefully that will leave time for a nice long run. My sneakers have been calling.

1 comment:

Blanka said...

I think those workouts would count as cross training hehe. It takes a lot out of you to scrub countertops and floors. I still can't believe you actually have a house! wowza!