Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just an Hour

It's amazing how the journey of marathon training makes you more than a little nuts. Yesterday's long run was only an hour -- a cutback week. Before training, if you told me to run an hour, it would have sounded horrible. Now, we actually cheer at training because our long run is "just" an hour. It's crazy how quickly it changes.

But ah, this week will be a doozy once it gets going. 14 miles this Saturday, and my training buddies will both be gone! Melissa is leaving me for Texas and Lauren's running the Chicago Distance Classic on Sunday, which takes care of her long run for the weekend. Lauren is supposed to still do 20 minutes on Saturday, so I'm trying to talk her into joining me for the last mile or two. I might need her!

Other than that, I'm just running along... fundraising like crazy to try to reach my $4k goal.

No comments: