Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm in love.

It's official. I'm in love. After 9 committed weeks, I think I can say the "l" word. I am in love with kickboxing.

It's seriously the best cross-training workout I have ever had. I've been taking a "Kick 'n' Krunch" class on Saturday mornings, which is exactly what it sounds like. It's an hour long class. 40 minutes of kickboxing, and 20 minutes of crunches/back strengthening exercise. I am smitten. Obviously Saturday mornings aren't going to work when marathon training gets going in May, but I am going to have to find some weekday kickboxing.

It is such a fun way to get some cardio & strengthening going on. And the best part? I can see the people behind me in the mirror. I'm not the dumbest looking one in the class! I look half-way coordinated when I do most of the moves.

Score.

No comments: