Friday, March 21, 2008

It Begins

The Chicago Marathon was hard last year. Very hard. After training so hard for my first marathon, it was a huge disspointment when they cancelled the race. I started this blog to start fresh. Because this October, it's not about the Chicago Marathon. It's all about San Francisco!

My friend Melissa and I are gearing up to start training with TNT. I'm looking forward to sunny skies, hills that only San Francisco can offer, and an incredible race with other women. I am so excited to start the journey. It should be a fun journey this year. I am going to be a mentor for TNT, and I look forward to helping others through their first marathon like my mentor helped me. Although, I suppose technically, this is my first marathon too -- at least the first one I'll be allowed to finish.

At any rate, the start of my '08 training season will be Sunday, March 30, when I tackle the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle. I'm looking forward to the long journey ahead.

No comments: