Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cross-Training On Demand & Learning How to Stretch

Tuesday's workout this week called for 45 minutes of cross-training. I didn't feel like biking and I didn't know what else to do... so I turned on the TV and found something new: On Demand Fitness. I found a few Pilates workouts that added up to about 45 minutes and gave it a go. It was actually a pretty decent workout.

However, it got me thinking. How weird would it be to be someone who makes workout videos? They weren't even your typical workout videos, where it's like an instructor is leading a class and a camera crew just happened to show up. This was one lady, on a mat, spouting encouraging words to some camera guy. I find myself getting really irritated with their encouraging words. "You can do it!" "You're almost there!" "You're doing great!" How do you know I'm doing great? For all you know, I'm sitting on the couch, eating a Big Mac & fries, and watching you work out. But I digress...

Today's track workout was a blast. I'm glad I'm able to start all this stuff right away this season. I'm picking up on things I missed early in the season last year, like proper ways to stretch. Wow, I can already feel a difference from stretching today. Ran with two lovely TNT ladies tonight and loved every minute of it.

No comments: