Wednesday, May 14, 2008

This is MY season.

I am already ten times the runner I was the last time I trained for a marathon. I can say that with utmost certainty. There are two huge differences this season that I think account for the change in my running. First, I'm making it out for ALL of my weekday training runs. I don't let myself make excuses anymore. I know I will be so much better prepared for my event if I train consistently. It also helps that I'm a mentor for TNT. If I'm laying the guilt on other people to train, I better be sticking to it myself, right?

The other noteable difference between the seasons? Training buddies. I feel like there are a lot more TNT'ers around my pace this year, and I'm taking full advantage of running with other people. Today I hit the pavement with Lauren, one of my mentees. I'm pretty sure we run at the exact same pace. We did a 6:2 run/walk ratio today and it was absolutely perfect. The running was at about an 11:00 pace and the walking at about a 14:00 pace. Overall pace of 11:46. I'll take it. Even a 12:00 pace would have us finishing 26.2 in 5:30. That would be amazing, as far as I'm concerned.

The run today was wonderful. 30 minutes flew by. After this season, I may never train for a marathon alone again.



You can even see how much more consistent the pace was... there are more straight lines today! Even pace, with the dips being our 2 minute walks. I'm so happy right now.

No comments: