Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Little Run, A Little Rain

Monday's run was awesome. I ran with my dad, who encouraged me to be a beginner this week after my "knee injury" last week. Since it was getting close to dinner time, I caved. I did a nice 30 minute run through the neighborhood. May I just say that I love my Nike+ iPod? It is hands down, one of the best gifts I've ever been given. (Thanks, Jon!) Thanks to that glorious piece of running equipment, I know that I was running at an average pace of 11:35.


That little dip right before mile 2 was a pit stop to say hello to the neighbors. :) Obviously, I felt guilty, because you can see how fast I ended the run.

Today's run had a lame average pace according to the Nike+. I'm clocking in at a 12:02 average mile. I'm going to blame it on the potty stop I had to make, and not being able to figure out how to pause the run while I used the facilities. I'm guessing it was closer to an 11:30 - 11:45 pace. I finished my first mile in 11:44 and my fastest rate today was 9:24 min/mile. I think if I keep training hard, I can get closer to 10:00 - 11:00 minute miles. I have way too much energy left over when I run at an 11:30 pace. Of course, that's also doing little 30 minute training runs, so we'll see.


Despite how lame it looks in graph form, today's run was wonderful. Normally, I'd head home around 4:45 on a Wednesday and fight traffic until about 6:00. Today, I changed into my running gear at work and drove out to a bike path to run and then watch two of my students play baseball. I found a fun new trail with some decent hills (perfect for San Francisco training), and then walked over to the game. It started to downpour after the top of the first inning, and sadly, little league was rained out. Thank goodness I got the run in before the game, because it was cold rain, too!

I'm hoping at the next game, I get to see some baseball after my run! Aren't the April Showers supposed to be over by now?

No comments: