Friday, May 9, 2008

Melissa is Speedy

Today I finally got to run with Melissa! It is so nice having someone to train with this time around. As I was pulling into the neighborhood after work this evening, I got a call from Melissa. It went something like this:
L: What are you doing?
M: Watching TV, sitting on the couch.
L: I don't feel like running.
M: I just told Jim that I don't feel like it, but I have to anyway because of the marathon.
L: I guess we should.
M: Yeah.
Followed by a long back-and-forth about where we should run (aka stalling). I told her I'd change into my running gear and then be over. It took me about 30 minutes to change into my running gear, I was so unmotivated.

Still, I finally made it into my car and over to her house. We attempted to run with her dog, but she didn't really like our pace ;) so we kept going without her.

All I have to say after that run is... Melissa is speedy. Picking up the pace a bit from the rest of the week, we ran at an overall 11:01 pace. However, most of the run was between 10:30 - 10:50. The pace got skewed because of stopping to drop of the dog and tie shoes! Either way, wtih Melissa by my side this season... it's time to set some records, baby!


1 comment:

Iron Jayhawk said...

I think that you'll find that running with Melissa will help you pull up in the pace ranks and take less breaks. I enjoy running by myself, but I find that when I do my Saturday runs with John (a fellow TNTer), we stay running the whole time and maintain a rockstar pace.